Thursday, August 7, 2008

8-8-08


Never again will this date come around...and it's the start of the 2008 Olympics! This week has been a challenging week in the life of Mr. Beckett. Beckett has decided he's too old for naps and wants to be awake, but not awake and in a good mood...no, awake and in a grouchy mood! Jarrod and I have decided that we should have named him "Oscar", just for this week at least.


This week also has started the first few times Beckett has "slept" in his crib. We started introducing him to his crib when he was a week old by putting him in there while he was awake to look around. I've consistently done this until I felt he was and we were ready to make the transition. Last night we decided tonight would be the first night my big boy slept in his big crib. So far, so good! Still asleep, which doesn't surprise me since he doesn't sleep much during the day. He tires out at 8pm, which is early, but he is a great sleeper and will only get up once or twice a night. Jarrod has made the agreement that he will get up and get Beckett when he cries to be fed and changed...I will do all that and then I will take him back to bed. Since I work from home, I technically can stay in my pjs all day long if I wanted to, but Jarrod has to get up at the crack of dawn to go to work, so I usually don't fuss with him too much at night. I have a feeling he will look like a ping pong ball going down the hallway in the middle of the night. :)


Not too many milestones this week, but Beckett has begun to really love listening to music and dancing. Usually he will lay his head on my shoulder and lick my shirt (he's found his tongue) and then when the music is over, he'll pop up and look at me with this hilarious face of "what happened to the music?" Priceless! He's still not taking a liking to formula, but we are still working on it. Know any tips? I've heard a few and have tried some, but I'm pretty sure it's the taste since he gags every time he tastes it. Love those faces of "ewww!"
We are headed to Lindsborg this weekend for some Nana and Papa time. We are going to adventure to the swimming pool if the weather holds up and then I have 2 baby showers to attend. So many babies being born this year!
Hope all is well with you and yours! Happy 8-8-08!
Megan, Jarrod, and Beckett





1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm loving this picture of him - brings me much joy!