Monday, September 22, 2008

Baptized!




Beckett had a big day this past Saturday. He shared his baptism with his cousin, Jaron. Both my son and my nephew were baptized and what a special day it was! We decided to have a small, quiet ceremony at my church in Lindsborg; the same church Jarrod and I were married in. My uncle Ralph, who also married us, baptized Beckett and Jaron. It was a great day. I didn't think I would be so emotional, but I cried through the entire thing. To see Beckett's face when my aunt began to play the organ was priceless. I love seeing him experience new things. He's heard me sing and Jarrod sing, but when everyone started to sing Children of the Heavenly Father, he got so excited. I barely got through Jesus Loves Me at all. That night we celebrated our big day with a party at Papa and Nana's house. We had a lot of people over to celebrate with us and mom made a great feast. By the time the night came to an end, we were all exhausted and there was not any food left at all. Beckett slept through the entire night until 6am when he finally woke up to eat. It was great!

This weekend, my folks, my Godparents, and my dear friend, Erin, and her fiance, Joe, are coming to the KSU vs Louisiana/Lafayette game. It should be a really good time. Next weekend marks another busy weekend. Jarrod is flying out Sunday for a week to Tempe, AZ, to a training. But, before he leaves, we have 2 weddings to attend and a family function to take part in. Friday, we are headed out of town to visit relatives from Hesston and to see one coming from Portland, OR. Then we are headed back to Manhattan for a wedding that I am in and then turning around the next day for another wedding that I am in in Lecompton. I am going to try and take off a few days while Jarrod is gone to head to Lindsborg to stay with my folks. October is prooving to be a very busy month.

Jarrod and I will be celebrating our 2 year anniversary on the 21st. This year I actually get to drink some champagne! Yeah me! Jarrod's excited to break out the Dom Perignon. We were supposed to toast it last year, but I was preggers with Mr. B. I think we will get a babysitter that night and then a couple days after that, Jarrod leaves for Atlanta for yet another training. Good thing it's all free for us for him to travel or else we'd be broke!

So, with all of this, Mr. B is growing so much. His personality is great and he's cooing, singing, rolling, and still sleeping in his own bed. I finally offically took the pack n' play out of our room so I would not be tempted to bring him in when he woke up in the middle of the night. Except now, if I do bring him in to our room, I end up nursing him and falling asleep. When I wake up, he's there snuggling in between Jarrod and I. This is a bad habit that we are not going to continue, but every so often, it's nice to snuggle with our boy.

Well, that's all the updates I have so far from our end. Beckett turns 5 months old on the 28th of this month! It's hard to believe. Oh, and he's got a new cousin...Gavin Cole Kekela Larson was born Sept. 8 and weighed a hefty 8 pounds, 15 ounces. Big boy!

Love from Manhattan,

Megan, Jarrod, and Beckett

No comments: